KEC Foundation Vision
KEC is celebrating the vision and determination of the association’s founders who chartered the organization on August 18, 1941. Over the next 75 years, many invested their professional careers with electric cooperatives and/or have been part of the Boards, and leadership of electric cooperatives and related organizations.
In recognition of the incredible passion for the electric cooperatives in Kansas, the KEC Foundation has been established to collect and distribute donations and legacy gifts from individuals who desire to express appreciation to the Kansas electric cooperative program in a charitable fashion.
Making a Difference
The KEC Foundation Board would be responsible for reviewing funding opportunities, determining recipients, and reporting to the full KEC Board. Possible funding could include:
- NRECA International Program (participation requires significant local funding)
- New scholarship incentives to pay for the education of graduates who return to work at an electric cooperative
- Education projects that would enhance cooperative awareness
- Safety presentations for schools and emergency personnel
- Funding of special requests to benefit rural projects sponsored by 501(c)(3)
- designated organizations
- Underwrite event or broadcast programming that celebrates rural Kansas
- Sponsor special projects such as a Children’s Energy Park at the National Agricultural Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs
If you have any questions, please contact Bruce Graham, CEO, at 785-478-4554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.